Saturday, May 14, 2011

crunching numbers

I'd say my work deals a lot with numbers, which involves generating, analyzing,validating, reporting..etc. No, not cash flows..but production numbers/figures/dates/forecast.

Crunching numbers is actually a skill, and that is something I realized.

What more interesting is the effort, and also the storyline behind those numbers. Hard work, zillion discussions & arguments, emotional moments, production facilities & well uptime, interruptions, sacrifice, tireless times, and many more matters --> translated to a single number.

Amazing.

When I first walked in as a Production Planner, i had this kind of feeling "what on earth am i doing? I suppose to deal with process simulation,drawings, P & ID (things that I'm much more exposed during uni days and practical period)..why all these plain numbers..".

Very wrong about that.hehe. So fast to conclude though i was only one week's old in the department, and only knew how to copy and paste stuffs. Can't even value those numbers. So..so..arrogant. :)

But it didn't take me long to realise how interesting my work was. Alhamdulillah.

And I realised that i enjoy more of crunching numbers or being a production planner/analyst than being a process engineer/simulator. More fun (lesser theory to relate to..i think..especially for malas people like me).

Waah, writing something about work on Saturday?? baru balik keje,,deswai :)



2 comments:

  1. Hi!

    keep on writing.can u put more pic of you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks anon. i try to discipline myself to write, but oh well, not meeting the par yet :) more pics?? :)

    ReplyDelete